Every year I make Harley a card for Valentine's Day. This year I thought I would share as it is such a quick, simple and cheap idea you can do too!
- Blank card (I made my own from 220gsm art paper) It looks really nice on matte, slightly textured card.
- 2 x Regular eraser
- Lino carving tool, or if you don't have this, a sharp stanley/craft knife
- Pencil (make sure it is a light one that can be easily erased)
- Stamp ink pads
- Using your craft knife, cut the erasers in half. On each half, draw the outline of a simple heart shape. Make each a different size.
- With your lino carving tool, or craft knife (be careful, as it is a bit awkward) cut around the outside of the heart shapes, creating four heart stamps.
- On your card, lightly draw the outline of a heart shape. Make it light enough so that you can easily erase it later.
- Fill the heart shape with stamps! Try to distribute the different sizes evenly so the heart looks balanced.
- Erase the pencil heart outline.
- I added the word "LOVE" in the lower right corner of the heart, but this is up to you.
And you're done! It's super easy and costs virtually nothing. This card would also look nice framed after Valentine's Day. An original and sentimental artwork made by you!