Thursday, May 24, 2012
Etsy Faves - French
Harley had a birthday last week, and I made him French inspired paper goods/flags/straws to go with dinner, cheesecake and a pancake breakfast and make it a bit more special (this was a big deal, I am a disaster in the kitchen). Here are my favourite French inspired goodies from Etsy at the moment.
1. Postcard Set - Paris Postcards Collection, Red by TheParisPrintShop
2. Eiffel Tower Lariat Necklace by SilentRoses
3. French Farmhouse Sculpture by ARTISANIEeurope
4. Water Proof -Cross body bag by ikabags
5. French Macarons - 12 Assorted French Macaron Box by Janjoupatisserie
6. Cream French Rotary Princess Phone by OceanSwept
7. Retro Cola Candy by VonDulce
8. Hand Cut Paper Map of Paris by vellumandtrace
9. matchbox diorama - Magasin des Chapeau by lindasarahs
Labels: etsy, etsy favourites, inspiration
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Saturday, May 19, 2012
A collection of postage stamps given to me by a lovely friend of mine. I know it's nerdy but I've always loved stamps. They're like miniature artworks. These ones have beautiful colours, and so much detail.
Labels: inspiration, paper goods
Saturday, May 12, 2012
DIY Handmade Mother's Day!
I was low on cash (as always) when Mother's Day rolled around, and decided to trawl the web for lovely DIY handmade gift ideas for my wonderful Mum. It's a bit of a mish mash, but I tried to keep everything to a red, gold and white colour scheme to tie it all together!
1. Gold paint dipped, faux porcelain bowl made using this tutorial from Curbly
2. Faceted Earrings and faceted brooch made using this tutorial by Alicia from Dismount Creative.
I just stamped white card with gold ink to make the earring holder.
3. Painted Rocks inspired by these beautiful rocks painted by Geninne.
4. Resin bangle made using this kit.
5. Recycled T-Shirt scarf necklace using this tutorial by Bridgette from etté studio
6. It's all in the packaging! I was inspired by this tutorial by Ez from Creature Comforts, and made some flowers from red tissue paper, wire, tape and gold paper to add some prettiness to plain kraft paper.
And finally the card! I found this Rifle Paper Co. Card in Sydney on our break last month. Anna Bond is so amazingly talented, and after admiring her work for so long I was so excited I actually squealed!
Happy Mother's Day to all the Mums out there! x
Thursday, May 10, 2012
Etsy Faves - Shiny
Some shiny and pretty Etsy favourites to brighten your Friday! Click the links to check out their shops!
1. Gold dot maxi garland by NiceParty
2. Polyhedron Candlesticks by UrbanAnalog
3. Brass Chevron Square Necklace in Orange by sonofasailor
4. Ratiba Ring - Sterling Silver by SaraLagace
5. Gold/Silver Glitter Twine Duo by knotandbow
6. Gold Arrow Pendant by SOFTGOLDSTUDIO
7. Vintage Inspired Gold Rush 27 Sparkle & Shine Tissue Tassel Garland by EverlyLaneDesign
8. Gold Glitter envelope liners by The Persian Laundry
9. Horse with Gold Leaf Sun by Amelia Herbertson (shameless self-promotion)
Labels: etsy, etsy favourites, gold leaf, inspiration
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
I was recently commissioned by a friend to do an artwork and this is the result. I used a punch to cut the paper into scale shapes and after masking the area carefully, I used a Copic Airbrush with blue and purple markers to spray some colour onto the scales. Well Harley used the airbrush, I was too frightened of ruining it after all that hard work. But in the end it turned out well.
Friday, May 4, 2012
My improved studio space! I have been organising and trying to make things easier for myself. The new white drawers are from Ikea, and they really are perfect for me (I shop at Ikea way too much, I can see at least 7 items from there in these photos). I will eventually sit my printer on top and have all my prints neatly stored away in the drawers below! Very different to the system I have now, which is in boxes all over the place.
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Shop Update! Gift Tag Set - Red Flowers
Hand block printed gift tags. I really like how these turned out, the card has such a beautiful texture. Love stationery! I've taken some photos of my newly organised studio (otherwise known as the spare bedroom), I will share these with you tomorrow!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)